Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Temple Wedding Planning Activity


I read a post on "Jeanius Ideas for YW"* with ideas for an YW activity centered around planning for a temple wedding. She did a whole big activity with food, decorations, invitations, etc. It looks great, but you wouldn't have to do an all-out decoration activity to do something like this. Most of our activities are much more simple, so I was thinking about doing something like this on a smaller scale.

I kept thinking how much my daughter (a beehive) would like the part where they work on their "wedding binders". There is a page for them to draw what they want their wedding dress (and bridesmaids dresses) to look like, what temple they want to be married in, what they want their husband to be like, what they can do to prepare to be married in the temple, wedding colors, decorations, temple & marriage quotes, etc. Just receiving a binder and drawing wedding dresses would be fun!

Here is a sampling of some of the pages:



*Its been brought to my attention that the Jeanius Ideas for YW blog is either no longer functioning or is possibly now only a private blog. I just tried doing a google search to see if I could find another way into the blog, but I can't even locate it now... Sorry about that - hopefully you get the idea from the photos above.



7 comments:

  1. Love your ideas and stuff! Thanks for sharing it with us! Love your name too! Not too many of us around!!

    LynnEl in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there - this sounds great but it's a private blog - I don't know how to get an invite . .. help!!!!

      Delete
    2. I just tried doing a google search to see if I could find another way into the blog, but I can't even locate it now. And I also get the notice that the blog is 'private' when I follow my link above. My guess is that the blog is no longer functioning.... Sorry about that

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, PLEASE help us figure out how to get access to her blog. It sounds so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just tried doing a google search to see if I could find another way into the blog, but I can't even locate it now. And I also get the notice that the blog is 'private' when I follow my link above. My guess is that the blog is no longer functioning.... Sorry about that

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete